Saturday, November 19, 2011

New Motor Installation


In the top photo, there are now 4 weep holes that have been drilled through the end casing. All of the brushes are in this part of the motor, and with the springs loaded, it's a bit of a trick to hold the brushes down while attaching it to the body of the motor. The piece of cardboard allows me to hold all of the 4 brushes in position while I attach the end casing to the body. Once I have it in position, I simply slide out the cardboard while holding the casing in place until I can get the bolts engaged. The second picture shows the mounting plate exchanged with the temporary plastic end piece, and one of the attachment bolts. Note the grease around the drive shaft, and on the attachment bolt, to prevent seizing. If you look closely, you can also see the silicone sealant around the motor case bolts, an attempt to keep water out of the motor.

No comments: